Hotspots are Available on a Walk-In Basis Only and Holds May Not be Placed
Mobile Hotspot – Use Agreement & Guidelines for Borrowing
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License/State ID
· A Kingsville Library Card in good standing (fines less than $5.00) with a current address on file must be presented at the time of checkout.
· You are limited to one Hotspot per household.
· This agreement must be signed at the time of checkout.
· You are not guaranteed 4G LTE service on Hotspots.
· The first 25 GB has 4G service, after that the service may be reduced to 3G LTE.
Loan Period: Mobile Hotspots may be checked out for 10 days.
You must wait 24 hours before checking out another Hotspot device to the same household.
· Mobile Hotspots must be returned with original components IN PERSON to Kingsville Library.
· Hotspots are never to be placed in Library book drop – they could be damaged and you will be responsible for replacement costs.
· The Library reserves the right to refuse service.
· Mobile Hotspots will be deactivated on the first day they are overdue.
Fines & Liability:
· The overdue fine is $5 per day, maximum of $25.
· After 5 days late, the device will go to lost, and you will be billed the total replacement cost of the device and lose all library card privileges until fines are paid.
· Mobile Hotspots are not eligible for fine forgiveness.
· Mobile Hotspot should be kept in a temperature- controlled environment; do not leave it in a car or outdoors.
· Patrons are responsible for costs associated with loss or damage of Hotspot and/or cords, adapters, cases, etc.
· Replacement Costs: Total for all items is $170.00
o Hotspot Device: $125.00 Case : $15.00 Charger Block & Charger Cord: $30.00
· Patrons are not permitted to purchase or provide their own replacement items.
· The Kingsville Public Library is not responsible for websites visited on the Mobile Hotspot or any damage to patron devices.